Windsor FC Youth
Windsor FC Youth is the new name for New Windsor Youth Football Club. They've changed their name - and also adopted Windsor FC's colours and badge to work together to become a fantastic community club for the town - with the aim of players graduating to represent the town's senior team. With over 300 players playing for 25 teams they've had a very successful 2010-11 season - when their Under-16s played in red and green for the first time - as Windsor & Eton FC. Other highlights of the season included:
- Their teams reached the quarter-final or semi-final in 4 out of 5 age groups in the Berks & Bucks Cup
- Hawks (U-18) won the Under-18 NE Hants Youth League for the 2nd year running in their last season, including players who have played for over a decade for the club
- Their Under-16s, 15s, 14s and 13s all finished runners-up in the top divisions of strong leagues
- Ospreys (U-12) finished runners-up in the top divisions of both the East Berks and NE Hants leagues
- Mudlarks and Ospreys both won major cups - with a further 8 teams reaching the final rounds of significant competitions
- Several players joined pro club academies. Max Kinsler and Calvin Morgan made Berks & Bucks U-16s and Adam Richards and Brandon Blair won places at the John Madejski Academy
- 3 teams (Kestrels, Ospreys and Ravens) won their League Fair Play Awards
- The club have applied successfully for FA Charter Standard status
- Over 25 new coaches gained their preliminary FA badge during the season
- They were nominated for a Queen's Award for Voluntary Organisations
- The club have signed a formal link with Reading FC Academy.
"It's been a great season" said Club Chairman Willie Calvert "but what we're really focussed on is becoming the best quality community club in the Thames Valley - and for that being a virtual single club with Windsor FC is vital."